This will be a workshop to 2nd and 3rd year B.Sc. / Integrated MSc students of India to nurture on basic mathematics. There will be courses in Foundation, Elementary Number Theory, Analysis and Linear Algebra. The faculty will be active and reputed mathematicians with a commitment to teaching. The aim of this workshop is to show the natural flavor of doing mathematics and encourages independent learning. Please read the aims and objectives of nurture in the home page.
Department of Mathematics,
Its open to all 2nd and 3rd year B.Sc. / Integrated M.Sc. students or equivalent studying in India. 5-10% seats may be reserved for non-mathematics students.
- Fill this online application form. A pdf will be generated, you need to print it and get it signed by your head of the department confirming your affiliation. Scan and send the soft copy of the signed application form to email@example.com with subject “nurture application – 17NUR—“.
- Request one of your mathematics teachers to send soft copy of the recommendation letter (Attached here) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject“Recommendation – 17NUR—“ (make sure your registeration number is mentioned in the subject of the email).
- The completed application form along with the recommendation letter (by email) should reach by 14th November , 2017
Rs. 200/=(two hundred only) for every participant. Selected canditates will be informed about the mode of the payment
- Last date for application submission: 14th November ’17
- Announcement of Selected candidates: 15th November ’17
- Confirmation of Participation: 18th November ’17
- Programme Dates: 4th – 23rd December ’17
- The selection will be purely on merit, based on consistently good academic record and the recommendation letter from a mathematics professor closely acquainted with the candidate
- Only selected candidates will be informed (by email) of their selection
- The list of selected candidates will also be posted on the workshop website
- Candidates selected for the programme will be provided free boarding, lodging and reading materials for the duration of the workshop
- Second sleeper class Travel Allowance may be paid subject to the availability of funds. Due to paucity of funds we are not providing travel allowance for this workshop
For any further information please feel free to contact us on email@example.com, +91 – 83 00 25 1729 (please text me, thanks)